Monday, March 06, 2006

Mr Nice Guy.. Good Guy or Bad Guy

There are some people who are well known for being nice to almost everybody. One of my friends called this species the ‘charitable’ people. They treat a friend, a stranger may it be a guy or a girl equally nice. But when they treat everybody as equally nice, and too nice that it cross the ‘boundary’, is it a good things?

Personally, I feel that it is a very nice thing to treat people around you well. I myself would feel happy when I could bring up the smiles in the faces around me. But sometimes we should know the boundary where we should stop. Don’t get me wrong… I didn’t say that we should start being mean ;P . What I meant is when we are dealing with someone that we knew they have feelings toward us, don’t pretend as if you don’t know and treat them still so ‘super nice’... its time to hold back a little. When you knew a guy/gal likes you and give you hints (don’t tell me you’re so “cute”, you couldn’t get it), don’t just tag along when you don’t have the same feelings towards them. If you lied to yourself, saying.. neh he/she were just joking… but think about it.. what if it wasn’t a mere joke? Do you still think that you could adjust the statement saying that you are just trying to be nice, and not to hurt them? Well, let me tell you buddy… there’s a monster within you. You are giving people fake hope and to put it in a bad way.. you are being selfish by hurting people just to keep your reputation as a nice guy/gal.

Some people would never reject their admirer, saying it will hurt them as an excuse. I don’t share same opinion. I think that we shouldn’t waste other people’s time and our own time… you could reject them in a better way… at least don’t give them hope. Instead, send a message to them that both of you are just friend and give them some space to lay off.

Be a nice person… but do remember your limit. We should react according to situations sometimes. Have a little bit of sensitivity toward others’ feeling. When you treat someone who likes you (but you don’t share the same feeling) too nice… you might end up hurting not only that person, you might also hurt the feelings of the person that you like (if there is any).

I have a couple of close guy friends. They treat me very nice, but they never make me misunderstood their sincerity… we do have lotsa fun like crazy together… but they know where is the limit… I know where is the limit. That makes the friendship much more meaningful and precious. So, guys and gals… be nice… but also be sensitive!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home